PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Horizontal Conky: Vertical offset keeps changing.

BlakeM
February 13th, 2009, 12:44 PM
I think this is a known issue. I just can't find anything solid regarding a fix or whether it is in fact a bug.

I'm trying to make a horizontal conky config. Whenever I add another variable like ${mem} or ${cpu} the vertical offset changes even though I haven't started on a new line or made a new paragraph.

Should I use the "offset" variable instead of using spaces/tab?

I can vertically recenter the text again using further voffset parameters...but surely there's an easier way?

(I'm pretty new to conky btw...)

Let me know if you want me to post .conkyrc or screenshots.

Piraja
February 13th, 2009, 12:51 PM
I have not myself made a horizontal conky setup, but you might want to take a look at the thread with the title "Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots" (link (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=6726394)), containing almost 6000 entries. You might also post your question there — dozens of helpful conkerers waiting for it.

BlakeM
February 14th, 2009, 03:18 AM
Hey thanks Piraja. I know about that thread. It's a bit overwhelming though. But I'm really starting to love conky and I think I'll spend the next couple of weeks reading that thread ;).