PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Having problem writing arabic (hindi) numbers in open office

Asem
February 12th, 2009, 07:19 PM
Hello
i am trying to writing an arabic workbook in open office calc 2.4
and i need it to view arabic letters, i edited the options and enabled CTL support and changed the numerals to Hindi , the problem is that the numeral options applay to a text cell only not a number cell
so is there a way to solve this by openoffice options or turning the numeral in the whole system into Hindi like in windows regional settings .

Thank you in advance

Asem

Ripose
February 25th, 2009, 08:28 AM
Other than changing the language settings you also have to be using a font that includes the Hindi numerals.

If that does not help you might have to switch to an Arabic Keyboard Layout, but you will still need fonts that contain numbers & letters.

Majiq
February 25th, 2009, 08:35 AM
There are actually specific fonts for writing like that. I would have thought that that one option would have triggered everything, but for lack of that, use one of the "digits" versions of the keyboard (i.e. azerty/digits or qwerty/digits). That should fix your problem for writing. I don't know about reading, though.