PDA

View Full Version : [other] Cant adjust the stupid brightness

dago1
February 7th, 2009, 07:27 AM
Alright, my friend gave a cd with Ubuntu 8.04 x64 written on it. I installed on my desktop(e8400, nvidia GT8800 512mgs, 4Gs Ram,) and started using for browsing. After one month I only use vista to play Sins of a Solar Empire. But I can't find were you adjust the brightness. I went "appearance preferences" but is not in there then to "screen resolution" but it's not in there (those 2 options should be on the same menu by the way IMHO). I cheked the forums but no someone posted u should install "xgamma", but no, I went so synaptic manager then to add or remove but cat find stupid Xgamma. I manually adjusted brightness with the buttons on my monitor but not i Have to readjust them when i boot vista, besides even 0% monitor brightness in ubuntu is TOO &*!@!%&*#%$ BRIGHT!!!
please help. anyone

Jameshardy88
February 7th, 2009, 11:11 AM
I had a similar problem when i first switched to ubuntu. Right click on one of your pannels and click on add to pannel. scroll down to the brightness applet and add it to the panel then its just a simple case of selecting the brightness level suitable for you.

Hope this helps

dago1
February 8th, 2009, 01:37 AM
No it does nnot work, that brightness applet is for laptops only I have a desktop.