PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Cannot get default resolution to stick.

Ouoertheo
February 7th, 2009, 12:09 AM
Hello, I've been trying to set my default resolution to 1152x864, but everytime I restart, it is back at 1024x768. I'm using nvidia-settings (under sudo) to set it and have it save the settings to my xorg.config.

I know it's not that much of a problem, but it's kinda annoying.

I'm running UbuntuStudio 8.10 with nvidia 177 drivers.

Any help on this issue would be gratly appreciated.
Thanks.

redroad55
February 7th, 2009, 01:39 AM
one way I've seen this done is to eliminate the other choices leaving only the one you want..forcing it to be the only choice..Post back..best to you

Ouoertheo
February 7th, 2009, 06:34 PM
Hmmmm, no offense, but don't really agree with doing that one there. I'd rather figure out the issue than just jury rig it like that. Thanks for the reply.

redroad55
February 7th, 2009, 08:07 PM
No offense taken :

man xorg.conf

or read this: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/Config/Resolution

or you could simply use the search engine at the top of the page and see this very issue has been addressed many times in just this last week...Best to you

Ringi
February 7th, 2009, 10:34 PM
Hello, I've been trying to set my default resolution to 1152x864, but everytime I restart, it is back at 1024x768. I'm using nvidia-settings (under sudo) to set it and have it save the settings to my xorg.config.

I know it's not that much of a problem, but it's kinda annoying.

I'm running UbuntuStudio 8.10 with nvidia 177 drivers.

Any help on this issue would be gratly appreciated.
Thanks.

What resolution do you have in System> Preferences> Screen Resolution
You have to have same resolution in Nvida-settings and Screen Resolution

Ouoertheo
February 8th, 2009, 05:28 AM
Thank you very much for your replies :) All I had to do was open up Screen Resolution and make sure it was set the same like Ringi mentions.

Case closed :popcorn: