PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] No Streaming Audio In Firefox

insanekat
February 6th, 2009, 11:49 PM
Hello, sorry if this has been posted elsewhere but I've been searching for a solution for a while with no luck.

Basically when I stream a video there is no sound (youtube etc). My sound works fine otherwise and I installed Mplayer before and the sound worked but then all of a sudden stopped. Really not sure what to do here. Any help with this issue would be appreciated.

I am running Ubuntu 8.04 - Hardy Heron
Firefox is Mozilla Firefox 3 Beta 5

Not sure what other information is needed but if there is something then I will be happy to post it.

paradox82
February 7th, 2009, 12:19 AM
It might be a flash issue. I had similar problem with OpenSuse (before moving to ubuntu). Try installing the newest flash from adobe's site. Also installing any upgrades to PulseAudio. There was something about those two not wanting to work together.

insanekat
February 8th, 2009, 07:26 AM
Updating Adobe Flash player worked. Hopefully it stays working. Thank you so much for the help!

insanekat
February 11th, 2009, 09:05 PM
Okay so it's not working again... I tried re-updating Adobe with no results and I installed PulseAudio which also did nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated (again!). Thanks.

ChuckLife
February 20th, 2009, 04:14 AM
Having the same problem as well. could it be the sound card? running a Creative that supports 5.1

EliteBlack
February 21st, 2009, 12:19 AM
I have the same problem