PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] multiwan box

da mono
February 6th, 2009, 09:24 PM
hi guys, I'm the new one :D.

well after searching and searching and come out as I started i mean almost in blank i decided to join the forum and ask :P, well here goes my main objective is to make my home server which has 3 NIC's to act as a multi wan router i have 2 2mbps/768kbps dsl lines, each one with a 2wire router modem (without wireless), the server runs as a nas, web server and F@H and i was thinking is the a way I can combine my to dsl lines into the server and use them as a huge data pipe my may concern is more the upload than the download geting my hands on a multi-wan router is a bit difficult at the time since I'm living in Mexico and those thing are extreme expensive to get, a 50dlls cheap one could end me costing around the equivalence of 250 dlls

thx in advance for your responses :P

:popcorn:

wirelessmonkey
February 6th, 2009, 09:35 PM
You'll need to look into interface bonding. Someone not too long ago wrote a little explanation/howto, but I can't seem to locate it right now.

Good luck.

da mono
February 6th, 2009, 09:46 PM
well what i read form network bonding was that it was made for making backbones over servers but again i might be wrong since a haven't found a good explanation in network bonding

da mono
February 7th, 2009, 12:20 AM
anyone else ???

wirelessmonkey
February 7th, 2009, 12:40 AM
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1029811&highlight=bonding

Whether or not it will work over interfaces from seperate providers, I don't know.

Make sure and read down a bit, adaptive load balancing seems like what you're wanting.

da mono
February 7th, 2009, 01:00 AM
well actualy is the same isp so i hope it works thx for the thread

mushroom_mover
May 1st, 2009, 10:06 PM
may i suggest you search on the term "broadband bonding" to see the various types of solutions are available out there for what you are trying to do. Best wishes...