PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Bios Update for Darter Ultra

arepaking
February 6th, 2009, 06:38 PM
Hello,

I just received my new Darter Ultra. I notice that the BIOS is running the version 1.01.18.MN Does anyone knows if there is an update for this BIOS out there?

Kind Regards,
AK

thomasaaron
February 6th, 2009, 07:47 PM
Unless you have a specific reason for doing so (which typically would have to do with Windows functionality), we do not recommend arbitrarily upgrading your BIOS.

If you hose your computer with a BIOS update that we didn't recommend, it could void your warranty.

arepaking
February 6th, 2009, 07:56 PM
Unless you have a specific reason for doing so (which typically would have to do with Windows functionality), we do not recommend arbitrarily upgrading your BIOS.

If you hose your computer with a BIOS update that we didn't recommend, it could void your warranty.

Hi Thomasaaron,
Thanks for your reply.

I was just inquiring about any new updates. Just making sure my new pc is up-to-date.

Based on your recommendation I will not update any BIOS then.

Regards,
AK

catniko
March 14th, 2009, 04:56 PM
I was searching the forum to see if I could find an answer to my question. Sort of...I know not to mess with it unless I really have a clue as to what I am doing. But..

I have a DARU3 and have Bios version 1.00.08. Is this the current Bios I should have? How would the Bios be updated anyway? (I will leave it alone!)

Thanks!

thomasaaron
March 16th, 2009, 03:31 PM
This should answer both questions...
http://knowledge76.com/index.php/Daru3

A small batch of DarU2 shipped with the incorrect BIOS, and the version in that link was meant to correct that particular problem. Other than that, it is exactly the same as the version on your DarU3. So there is no point in taking the risk of updating it.