PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] new intstall

tobeice
February 6th, 2009, 01:45 AM
I just put ubuntu 8.10 on a duel boot system amd 1150mzh 1.5gb ram d link dfe-528tx network card. It dose 2 things i do not like 1. when it boots to linux it dose not access my HHD and gose to a black screen I then have to type exit 2 or 3 times then it boots to linux. 2 I can not seam to be able to access the internet, it pick up the network card well, but I can not access the inernet and i do not know why. Also I want to know if there is a way i can use the windows verson of yahoo and msn.

hyper_ch
February 6th, 2009, 12:32 PM
It is advised to use a descriptive topic title, that means a topic title that gives some clue about the content in the thread itself...

A generic topic title like "noob here" or "need help" does not help at all. As you may have noticed, just about everyone posting in here has some kind of a problem or issue or question ;)

And it is also adviced to use seperate threads for unrelated problems so that you can mark each one individually as solved.

Or in short terms: Help others to help you ;)

See the forums policy, especially section II.2: http://ubuntuforums.org/index.php?page=policy

Also, when you are asked to post output from (config) files or from a command, use
brackets around (each) output. That makes it also easier to read.