PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] No Terminal

neigun
February 4th, 2009, 02:35 PM
:oops

Hi Guys

whilst tinkering in the Gnome gui with the drop down menu I accidently deleted the Terminal option from Accessories- completely there is no option to tick to reinstate it. Does anyone no how I can?

Currently I am using the Root Terminal are there any issues I need to be aware of whilst using this terminal?

TTFN Neil

7mkgw7q
February 4th, 2009, 02:42 PM
You should just be able to go into Add/Remove and find the program "Terminal" to reinstall.

howefield
February 4th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Or try system > preferences > main menu

Then Accessories and tick the box beside Terminal

7mkgw7q
February 4th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Yes. Sorry, I assumed he meant he had tried to do that and found he had removed it altogether. If you haven't tried that, try it before mine.

howefield
February 4th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Yes. Sorry, I assumed he meant he had tried to do that and found he had removed it altogether.
To be honest, now that I am reading the OP post again, I am a little confused :)

Hopefully he'll be sorted or if not, let us know.

neigun
February 4th, 2009, 08:23 PM
Sorry Guys

my OP was not very clear.

I've deleted the terminal option from accessories whilst 'tinkering' with the Main Menu under Preferences. The terminal option is no longer under the items list so there is nothing for me to tick.

Synaptic show's the gnome-terminal as present but I renewed it all the same. However, the option is still not present in Main Menu to select.

I think I've just removed the link in Main Menu but do not know how to create a new link. When the new item button is clicked it opens Create Launcher with a browse option but I don't even know where to start looking!

TTFN Neil

P.S. I hope this is a little clearer this time around:D

icanfly0307
February 4th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Open up System > Preferences > Main Menu. Browse to "Applications". Click "New". For the Name, enter Terminal and for the command, enter "gnome-terminal". This should give you an entry to run the terminal.

neigun
February 4th, 2009, 08:42 PM
Open up System > Preferences > Main Menu. Browse to "Applications". Click "New". For the Name, enter Terminal and for the command, enter "gnome-terminal". This should give you an entry to run the terminal.

Thanks that has sorted the problem out.