View Full Version : gimp help
February 3rd, 2009, 08:43 PM
How do i place an image or layer at certain coordinates.
I need to be able to replace an image with a new one, resize it so it is the same size as the old one, but the image needs to be placed in the exact same place as the one before it.
February 3rd, 2009, 10:32 PM
have you tried using the align tool?
I've never used it but it seems ok.
February 5th, 2009, 12:05 PM
My shared bookmarks: Gimp - Tutorials (http://share.foxmarks.com/folder/bookmarks/RVQ2thwaWi)
February 7th, 2009, 06:50 AM
One trick I use is a small red dot at some fixed place. After all the work is done I erase the little dots. You can also make guidelines by clicking on the ruler and then dragging it over.
February 7th, 2009, 09:20 AM
For resizing layer on some size I use this method:
1. Layer > Autocrop Layer // This will shink layer border
2. After this Layer > Scale Layer // Here you can enter desired size
For placing on the right position I use rulers:
1. Open rulers with View > Show Rulers
2. Drag Guides from rulers and place them on desired position. Zoom in and zoom out are handy here...
3. Turn on View > Snap to Guides
4. Move your layer to snap to guides crosssection
Wish you happy gimping ;)
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2015 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.