PDA

View Full Version : Blender Problems

Combs
January 31st, 2009, 08:28 PM
Hi ubuntu Users. My Name's Combs and i'm a new member :D
I use Blender and ubuntu since....2 hours ago :popcorn: and I love ubuntu and 'd like to use it ever and ever...like this crazy Crosoft think!:(
So my problem is very simple. When i use Blender and press ctrl+1 to 4...wich means subsurfacing levels, nothing happens. please help meµ
Thanks and have a nice day...
Combs

Combs
January 31st, 2009, 10:29 PM
Please help :'( :'( :'(

hikaricore
February 1st, 2009, 02:13 AM
Please wait 24-48 hours before bumping posts.
This is a sort of slow section of the fourms so answers may come slower.

Eventually someone should be able to provide you with an answer.

alberto ferreira
February 1st, 2009, 12:33 PM
I believe this is not an Ubuntu issue. Which Blender version do you have? How did you install it?

What I recommend to you is to post your question in Blender's forums, where a lot more people should be able to help you, (you have to register first): http://blenderartists.org/forum/

digitalis_vulgaris
February 1st, 2009, 04:08 PM
Do it manually:
1. Editing > Modifiers > Subsurf

2. Levels are for working and render levels are for rendering... set it manually...

Welcome to Ubuntu and wish you nice Ubuntuing and Blendering ;)

Combs
February 1st, 2009, 04:42 PM
Do it manually:
1. Editing > Modifiers > Subsurf

2. Levels are for working and render levels are for rendering... set it manually...

Welcome to Ubuntu and wish you nice Ubuntuing and Blendering ;)

Hi, Thank you or this reply ! So I do it manually and it works fine. The only problem is the time. Shortcuts save time and (may be money ?:KS)...By the way @alberto ferreira: I use Blender 2.48 from a DVD. I just unzipped the tar archive to my desktop, copied it into a custom folder in the /home folder and created a shortcut to the desktop .Voilą :D, I can install it from the app installer but it's the 2.46 one and I generally wanna be up to date ! Thank you again yall for these help.

Combs:popcorn: