PDA

View Full Version : Advance website graphics...

hockey97
January 31st, 2009, 06:22 PM
HI, I want to learn how to professional game site web artists make really advance looking artwork for the website.

I seen some sites that are about downloading mods for the xbox and they had the menu to be a gameconsole with a lcd display in the front of it where then it has links but those links look like it's the led light of the lcd display.

I seen many websites that had realistic game console artwork to be on the edges of the tabled looking layout.

These thinks looks very realistic. I thought they might be using a 3d modeling software to take still pics and then use those in the website.

I am still not sure.

What would you do if you had to make a realistic artwork for a website as part of the layout?

Merk42
January 31st, 2009, 06:31 PM
It would be better if we saw an example
Photoshop I know is capable if pretty amazing things if you use the filters wisely (not saying about GIMP, I just know plenty of examples with Photoshop)

Also, has ubuntuforums.org collectively done your entire website(s) at this point?

hockey97
January 31st, 2009, 07:36 PM
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm

that is somewhat of an example... just that it had a lcd display like what you see on vcr's that display thing and the links were colored and in a led looking font.

This made it look like the options were in the lcd display where you can click on them.

however the site I saw showed a game console that faces frontwards with the lcd display facing frontwards.

Then the console goes on a angle going towards the back.

No ubuntufourms haven't makde my websites. I have. I come here and ask questions.

I asked about position differences and people here told me random stuff.

Like use % or many other suggestions. I found that answer myself.

I ask alot of questions here in ubuntufourms because I am using ubuntu and other places have no idea how to do stuff in ubuntu.

I am here just to learn more that I didn't know before.

why you ask?

AJB2K3
January 31st, 2009, 09:09 PM
Most of its probubly flash.
But alot of the graphics come from there art department (or stolen from in game).
Alot of the home made mod site probly use the same tools that are used for in game graphics.

hockey97
February 4th, 2009, 05:50 AM
ok, someone told me they just use 3d models and make a wallpaper out of it using 3d modeling software.

I was told taht is how OS wallpapers are made well some.

The reason I ask is that My artwork really sucks. I am someone good at making a little advance artwork with 3d blender.

So I was thinking to use blender to make web graphics for my site.

I also do plan to make a animated video commercial ad looking thing. To advertise my website.

Just now collecting ideas and what I need to do and use. To make this possible.

alex.rayu
February 4th, 2009, 10:24 AM
Their website design was not made with a 3d modeling software. It was made with Photoshop. Shapes, dropping shadows. Gradients. Menus are using javascript.

You should consider using a CMS for functionality - like Joomla or Drupal.

Don't even think about 3d for such sites - whicle 3d is cool and effective, but not for things like these.