PDA

View Full Version : Sound doesn't match action

brian_hayward
January 30th, 2009, 11:13 PM
I have Mythbuntu (whatever the most current version is....8.10???) set up on an old Gateway Pent III box. I am using a Hauppauge WinTv video capture card. When i watch live tv, the sound that comes out of the speakers doesn't match the action on the screen...The sound is way ahead of the action. Do i need to use a different video capture card or do i need a box with better performance.

Another general question...i understand that processing the analog signal is pretty intensive...would it be worth my while to get one of those digital conversion boxes and send my tv signal (which is basic cable) through that and then send the conditioned signal into my myth desktop which would have a digital video capture card?

liquidhot
January 31st, 2009, 01:58 AM
It could be that you don't have your audio hooked up correctly from the capture card.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=832292

A digital conversion box would not help the load on your CPU from your tuner, since your tuner is meant for analog signal. The digital converters that you can get the government rebates for are for converting digital to analog so that older TV (and tuner card such as yours) can still get the new signal type. However if you have cable television, you probably will not need one of these boxes. If you want to take the load off your processor I would recommend a PVR-150 or PVR-500. Both of them will encode the audio and video for your PC so you can have a relatively slow CPU.