PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Another CCA Agent 4.5.0 Thread

Boosted42
January 30th, 2009, 07:54 PM
I have Ubuntu 8.10 installed on my Dell E1405. Easily the most flawless of the Ubuntu installs I've done on a laptop. Here's my problem. The school I'm at uses Cisco Clean Access Agent 4.5.0. I've looked over a ton of ways to get around it in Linux, the most promising of which was the User Agent switch, where I made my Firefox's User Agent say I was on a Mac, thus allowing me to just enter in my login info in the browser. Problem is, apparently they changed it in 4.5.0 where now even Mac users must install the CCA Agent on their computers to get on. BEfore I reinstall Windows, is there any way that I can get through this? The Mac program is a .pkg, is there anyway I can install that? Please say yes!

timcredible
January 30th, 2009, 08:00 PM
no, you can't install a mac program on linux, even though mac os/x is linux/bsd. no way around that stupid cca stuff either.

you need to contact your school and let them know that you are the customer and you use linux and they need to let you on the network that you paid for. most networks allow a web page login for linux users when they use cca.

Boosted42
January 31st, 2009, 05:42 AM
I was afraid that might be the case, the tech guys don't know how to let Linux on. Really I think Cisco should just port the program over, I've seen many threads about people wanting the same thing. O well, nothing I can do.
Thanks for the reply