View Full Version : [ubuntu] Can't connect to MSHOME if Firestarter is running
January 30th, 2009, 05:26 PM
I am running Windows XP and Ubuntu 8,10 on dual boot. If I have firestarter turned on I cannot connect to MSHOME network but if I turn off Firestarter I canconnect to MSHOME network. How do I configure Firestarter to allow access to MSHOME.
Any help welcome please.
January 31st, 2009, 10:55 AM
I haven't used Firestarter much myself, but here are the ports you will need to open for Samba and Windows file sharing:
* netbios-ns - 137/tcp # NETBIOS Name Service
* netbios-dgm - 138/tcp # NETBIOS Datagram Service
* netbios-ssn - 139/tcp # NETBIOS session service
* microsoft-ds - 445/tcp # if you are using Active Directory
* Port 389 (TCP) - for LDAP (Active Directory Mode)
* Port 445 (TCP) - NetBIOS was moved to 445 after 2000 and beyond, (CIFS)
* Port 901 (TCP) - for SWAT service (not related to client communication)
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.