PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] "enter password for default keyring to unlock" this appears when open email applicati

abc123lse
January 30th, 2009, 12:26 PM
"enter password for default keyring to unlock" this appears when open email application ? what to insert ? this when I tried connect wireless DSL ...

detailed :
"Enter password for default keyring to unlock

The application 'evolution'(usr/bin/evolution) wants access to the default keyring , but it is locked.

Tubes6al4v
January 30th, 2009, 12:39 PM
You should have set the key ring password. If you do not remember doing so, then you probably just entered you user or root password. Give those a shot. Basically what it does is just lock away all of your passwords in a file. When you enter the keyring password, the rest are automatically used... I think. I don't use a keyring.

argie
January 30th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Try this:
1. System » Preferences » Encryption and Keyrings
2. Look at the setting: "Location for application passwords". By default this setting will be 'login'.
3. Select the corresponding Password Keyring from the list. By default this will be the 'login' keyring.
4. Click 'Change unlock password' and make that the same as your login password.

That fixed it for me.

abc123lse
February 2nd, 2009, 09:58 PM
UNDER
System » Preferences » Encryption and Keyrings
I DO NOT SEE
Look at the setting: "Location for application passwords" ANYWHERE ?

abc123lse
February 2nd, 2009, 10:26 PM
i use ubuntu 8.10

cjacobsen
February 2nd, 2009, 11:27 PM
Instead of going to the encryption settings you descrubed above go here:

Applications --> Accessories --> Password and Encryption Keys

In the "Password and Encryption Keys" manager, go to Edit --> Preferences to access and/or change to Login mode.

lse123
February 3rd, 2009, 12:23 AM
"to access and/or change to Login mode."
describe this in more words ?

lse123
February 4th, 2009, 04:06 PM
problem solved some...but now when check email with EVOLUTION 2.24.3, ask me always for email passwords and if i want to create a keyring , well how avoid both ?

lse123
February 11th, 2009, 09:33 PM
now when check/send email ask me for my password and if i want keyring , may this get avoided and check / end email DIRECTLY ?

mmck
February 12th, 2009, 07:14 AM
now when check/send email ask me for my password and if i want keyring , may this get avoided and check / end email DIRECTLY ?

This is annoying for me also. Here is the solution:
This will erase saved passwords, you will be able to make Evolution remember the passwords of your email accounts by marking the checkbox when the program asks, after what you have done below:

1-Open up your Home Folder by clicking Places>Home Folder
2-click View>Show Hidden Files
3-Find a folder called .gnome2
4. In .gnome2 folder, there is another folder called keyrings.
5. Delete all the files you find in the keyrings folder
6. Restart the computer

After you restart, open Evolution, you will be asked for the password for your account, enter the password*, the annoying keyring manager will appear to handle the storage of that password to lock.Leave both boxes empty and click Create. The annoying second popup will ask "Store passwords unencrypted" Click Use Unsafe Storage. From here on all passwords you enter into your computer will not be behind a keyring password.
(*If you have several email accounts you have to apply to each)