PDA

View Full Version : mythbuntu session launches firefox, terminal

ctucker10
January 30th, 2009, 06:14 AM
Something got screwed up yesterday when I downloaded and installed a regular update. The update went without a hitch but since there was a kernel update the system required a restart to complete the whole process. After the restart extra apps automatically launched.

My mythbox still works fine but whenever I login to a mythbuntu session, firefox and terminal launch. mythfrontend launches also but, it's supposed to launch...not the other two apps.

What do I have to do to get things back to normal?

movieman
January 30th, 2009, 06:55 AM
I had that problem yesterday, getting two Myth frontends and a couple of terminals starting whenever I logged in! I closed all the windows, quit out of the desktop and selected the 'save windows' tickbox (or whatever it's called in the dialog box that asks if you want to log out, reboot, etc). Then I logged back in, quit again and cleared that tickbox, logged back in and finally had a clean desktop with only one frontend.

To be honest, it's a pretty awful user interface; there should be a menu option somewhere to save the current desktop rather than a tickbox that stays ticked until you exit without it ticked.

ctucker10
January 30th, 2009, 01:54 PM
I never noticed that checkbox before. That was an easy fix. Thanks.