PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Wireless network dropped after standby or sleep in Intrepid Ibex

kpkethc
January 29th, 2009, 08:05 AM
I've been using Ubuntu 8.10 for about 3 weeks now. I've seemed to have resolved almost every issue I've come across but this one and I can't find much on it other than other people having the same issue.

On boot, my wireless connects to my network right away with good signal. Connectivity remains solid as long as I don't let the machine go into sleep mode. As soon as it does and I bring it back up, there's not wireless connection and it's not seeing any networks at all (usually multiple available in my area.) I am forced to reboot each time this happens.

I have an Atheros 802.11 Wireless card.

Let me know if you need any more info. Please help.

Racer-X
January 29th, 2009, 07:56 PM
Check this posting out, see if it works...

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1025617

kpkethc
January 29th, 2009, 08:01 PM
Thank you, I hadn't found this thread. I will try this tonight when I get home!

blazingnikons
January 31st, 2009, 03:57 AM
The exact same thing happens to me! I, too, am using an Atheros card, the Atheros AR928x in an Acer Extensa 5630z. Every time I bring it out of sleep mode (and sometimes just at random) it can't find my wireless connections -- often, it can find the networks, but will repeatedly ask me for the WEP code, which it already has and which is shown in the authentication window. Obviously, the new kernel comes with the ath9k driver, which is why the thing works at all. Any ideas anyone?

blazingnikons
March 17th, 2009, 05:35 AM
For about two weeks or so now, with regular updating, it seems that this problem has been more-or-less resolved with the new kernel. We'll see!

kpkethc
April 6th, 2009, 11:21 PM
It most definitely has been resolved.

allenbina
May 17th, 2009, 09:25 AM
most definitely? this is the only reason i don't love ubuntu.