PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Internet Problem in VirtualBox

YoungD112
January 28th, 2009, 02:35 AM
So I just got VirtualBox and installed Windows 7 on it. The problem I'm having is I can't connect to the internet within VirtualBox. Does anybody have a solution?

YoungD112
January 28th, 2009, 03:07 AM
Anybody?

XanderCrews
January 28th, 2009, 03:22 AM
Just a guess here, but it sounds like a Windows 7 problem.

XC

medley
January 28th, 2009, 03:32 AM
So I just got VirtualBox and installed Windows 7 on it. The problem I'm having is I can't connect to the internet within VirtualBox. Does anybody have a solution?

The latest version of VBox (2.1.2) supports Win 7 as a guest so make sure you are using that rev. Check your network settings for the VM; I use 'connect to host' (or however it's described; I'm in VBox now and can't check the settings while the VM is running). That will make your Win 7 VM part of your local subnet (ie, if your host is 192.168.1.2, for example, your guest will be assigned an address in the same range, so that it can access your real world network). FWIW, VBox works very well, including networking. I'm using Kubuntu 8.10 right now within VBox on top of Vista.

Good luck

YoungD112
January 28th, 2009, 03:59 AM
The latest version of VBox (2.1.2) supports Win 7 as a guest so make sure you are using that rev. Check your network settings for the VM; I use 'connect to host' (or however it's described; I'm in VBox now and can't check the settings while the VM is running). That will make your Win 7 VM part of your local subnet (ie, if your host is 192.168.1.2, for example, your guest will be assigned an address in the same range, so that it can access your real world network). FWIW, VBox works very well, including networking. I'm using Kubuntu 8.10 right now within VBox on top of Vista.

Good luck

Thanks. I had an older version so I'm going to try again after I get the latest...

pHreaksYcle
January 28th, 2009, 04:19 AM
Please make sure to mark this thread as solved if you get it running!

Mason Whitaker
January 28th, 2009, 04:21 AM
You could just use the "Install Guest Addons" option :P

Just installs all the right things to make your VB experience better ( Internet, Seamless mode, ect )