PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Evolution Mail

Quarkrad
January 27th, 2009, 11:13 AM
I have set up Evolution to be my mail client using imap to/from my mail provider (gmx.com). I am very pleased - it all works OK and Evolution is great. One thing I am not use to (having used pop before) and not sure if this can be configured differently: in Evolution I have three headings in the left hand pane:

On this Computer
xxx@gmx.com
Search Folders

so there are two sets of mail folders - one for On this Computer and one for xxx@gmx.com

I can see all my mail (inbox) in xxx@gmx.com but if I want to Send a mail when I am in Evolution and click on the New icon and send a mail it appears in the Sent folder in the On this Computer set of mail folders. I think I can see the logic but is there a way of either not having the On the Computer sub set of folders and only seeing xxx@gmx.com or having Send mail appear in the xxx@gmx.com sub set of mail folders?

Thanks for any help - ideally I only want to see/have to use one set of mail folders in Evolution.

cmnorton
January 30th, 2009, 02:26 PM
Whatever you do, don't delete from the "top" identical set whose folders don't always mimic the bottom set of folders for some reason I cannot figure out, or you'll delete your email ...