PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Removing password protection from PowerPoint

amos.shapira
January 27th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Hello,

I received a password protected PowerPoint presentation which I managed to view on Ubuntu 8.04 using instructions in http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=961559 but I'd like to remove the password so I can post it to others (it's a non-proprietary content which wants to be spread as much as possible).

Is there a way to remove the password, so it can be accessed by more people (e.g. by uploading it to Google Docs or converting it to PDF)?

Thanks.

halovivek
January 27th, 2009, 11:01 AM
Open the presentation - file save as-in another file name- you can try this option.

amos.shapira
January 27th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Thanks. This is a PowerPoint Viewer (which is available legally for free from Microsoft), not the full PowerPoint editor.

I managed to Print it into a PDF file but the animation on at least one page was converted into a single page with all the photos on top of each other.

Any other options?

talsemgeest
January 27th, 2009, 11:41 AM
Thanks. This is a PowerPoint Viewer (which is available legally for free from Microsoft), not the full PowerPoint editor.

I managed to Print it into a PDF file but the animation on at least one page was converted into a single page with all the photos on top of each other.

Any other options?
Try opening it with openoffice calc.