PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Double Reboot ad startup

SilverF0x
January 27th, 2009, 12:11 AM
Hi to all.
I'm a absolute beginner in ubuntu, i did install the 8.10 and update everything.
I start playing with grub configurator with the tool that i download from install/remove software, and notice that when i start windows xp, or ubuntu, my bios reboot two times.

Example

i start computer and select windows xp, it load one second, and BOOM, reboot, then i select again windows xp (he tell me how to boot because last boot was failure) and everything start ok.

The same when i select ubuntu, it reboot, and then when i select for the second time.

How to solve that?
Thanks.

schmildo
February 1st, 2009, 03:29 AM
I'm not very good at grub; so when I used to have problems with booting I'd run away and cry;
Then i discovered: http://www.supergrubdisk.org/
You can download this as an ISO and burn it to a CD, or put it onto a usb;
Either way, if you boot from it, you should get a menu that will help out; i think it had advanced stuff; but from memory there was an option that said something like; "I don't know what to do; just fix grub"

and it has worked for me twice so far.

Let me know how you go.

:)

lokar
August 7th, 2009, 08:15 AM
A friend of mine experienced the same problem on a Samsung R510H. Did you manage to solve the problem?

pavel_n
September 1st, 2009, 05:19 PM
A friend of mine experienced the same problem on a Samsung R510H. Did you manage to solve the problem?

I have experienced the problem of double reboot at startup with Samsung NP-R508 + Windows XP + Ubuntu 9.04.

It was solved by changin BIOS settings:
AHCI option set to Manual from Auto and the suboption set to Disable

LewRockwell
September 1st, 2009, 05:41 PM
I have experienced the problem of double reboot at startup with Samsung NP-R508 + Windows XP + Ubuntu 9.04.

It was solved by changin BIOS settings:
AHCI option set to Manual from Auto and the suboption set to Disable

thank you for posting a possible solution for others!