PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] how to install???

freezashu
January 25th, 2009, 10:48 PM
i've downloaded a graphics driver for my mother board... plese help me to instal it... please tel me by clickin what i can start installin like setup in windows

taurus
January 25th, 2009, 10:50 PM
What is the name of that file?

Applications -> Accessories -> Terminal

ls -la ~/Desktop

p.s. Say this three times, "Linux is not windows..."

freezashu
January 25th, 2009, 10:52 PM
i hav download a folder... many files r thr in it...... by clickin which i can instal it???????? help me

taurus
January 25th, 2009, 10:53 PM
What kind of graphic card do you have? Run this command from a terminal and post the output here.

lspci | grep VGA

Otherwise, look in System -> Administration -> Hardware Drivers to see if your card is on the list.

llamabr
January 25th, 2009, 10:54 PM
One of the benefits of your new OS is that you no longer usually have to go out into the internet to find drivers, figure out how to install them, etc. The video on your mother board is very likely already supported.

What problems are you having?

freezashu
January 25th, 2009, 10:57 PM
when i go hardware driver it comes as..."no proprietary drivers are use in this system" wht does it mean??????? i'm wishin to install my globespanvirata usb modem too... how can i do it...

freezashu
January 25th, 2009, 10:59 PM
when that comment is given "00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82945G/GZ Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 02)" i get this reply

taurus
January 25th, 2009, 11:01 PM
Until you tell people what kind of video card do you have and the names of those files that you've downloaded, I don't think anybody can show you how to install a driver for your graphic card. People here can help but they are not psychics!

freezashu
January 25th, 2009, 11:03 PM
my graphics is inbuilt... how to c if its driver is installed??????