PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Put music on Zune without Zune software (use Zune as USB device).

gymophett
January 25th, 2009, 08:18 PM
I recently switched from Windows to Ubuntu 8.10.. I can't put Zune software on here. Is there anyway I can use Zune as a USB device and drag and drop music to it?
Much appreciated :)

SunnyRabbiera
January 25th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Zune is microsofts little joy, they wont have an easy way to use your zune on linux as it competes with their empire.
I say make a trade in, the zune will only work with MS

pi.boy.travis
January 25th, 2009, 08:29 PM
You could try Amarok. You can install it with Add/Remove in the Applications menu. It has better support for portable players.

SunnyRabbiera
January 25th, 2009, 08:33 PM
You could try Amarok. You can install it with Add/Remove in the Applications menu. It has better support for portable players.

Its worth a shot, though I am doubtful it will work, MS is very secretive about their little toys.

Muffinabus
January 25th, 2009, 08:44 PM
Not gonna happen. Tis one of the reasons I still boot Windows every so often.

SunnyRabbiera
January 25th, 2009, 08:47 PM
How to get a zune to work for linux:
1: Get your Zune
2: take it outside
3: get a sledgehammer
4: smash repeatedly
5: get a sansa :D

gymophett
January 25th, 2009, 09:29 PM
How to get a zune to work for linux:
1: Get your Zune
2: take it outside
3: get a sledgehammer
4: smash repeatedly
5: get a sansa :D

Lol. I would.. Trust me I would. I love my Zune but MS needs to make it compatible with Mac and Linux. I hate Microsoft so damn much. I had Windows when I got the Zune for Christmas..

IndyGunFreak
February 10th, 2009, 10:20 AM
Im in the same boat, its one of the few reasons I still have a partition of XP. I do all my normal work stuff, on Linux. When I obtain music on Linux(yes, I buy my music), I just put it on a shared partition between the two. When I have time, I boot Windows, and sync my zune to my music folder on that shared partition.

It seems to work for me for the most part...

IGF

millard_scott
December 12th, 2010, 11:30 PM
I have a Zune HD,
I myself always used Windows Vista I acually like it tho =P But I just Installed Ubuntu 10.10 On a second hard drive So I have Vista on my 120GB and Ubuntu on my 80GB

Now I mainly use Ubuntu because I can access my 120GB too but If I need to use a program that wont work on Ubuntu or put somthing on my Zune I just boot up Vista.........But really I dont see why you guys always diss Microsoft Windows I love them both I mean the only thing I dont like about windows is the price tag lmao

uRock
December 12th, 2010, 11:34 PM
This thread has been dead for almost two years.

Thread Closed.