PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] How many tabs do you have in your bluetooth applet?

John Jason Jordan
January 25th, 2009, 05:32 AM
I have a bluetooth headset that used to work perfectly with Hardy. Ever since I upgraded to Intrepid a month ago I have not heard a peep from them, in spite of several dozen hours of poring over how-tos and websites. Sound is working fine from the speakers. The headphones are properly paired up and connected.

For a long time I thought the problem was in pulseaudio. Right now I think the problem is in bluetooth.

From reading on the net it seems that when you right-click on the bluetooth icon in the Gnome panel and then on Preferences, you are supposed to get a window with various tabs. One of the tabs is supposed to say Audio Services, or something like that. I just have two tabs. One says Devil7-0 (my computer is named Devil7) and the other says General. Nowhere in the bluetooth applet do I find anything relating to audio services.

So my question is, how many tabs am I supposed to have? And if my two lonely tabs are all I am supposed to have, how do I enable bluetooth audio services?

Also, in the bluetooth applet window, what does a key next to a device mean?

DLGandalf
January 29th, 2009, 03:35 PM
feel your pain, I've got just 2 tabs too.
Still figuring out howto make a PAN in intrepid

John Jason Jordan
January 29th, 2009, 05:53 PM
feel your pain, I've got just 2 tabs too.
Still figuring out howto make a PAN in intrepid

What's a PAN?

At the moment I don't even have a bluetooth icon in the panel. In my continuing attempt to fix the problem with the bluetooth headphones I completely uninstalled pulseaudio. (Didn't help.) In the process I removed the notification applet in the panel. Then I put it back, but the bluetooth icon is missing. I can't figure out what command launches the bluetooth applet.