PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] aircrack suite and ndiswrapper

zenial
January 24th, 2009, 01:10 AM
I AM RUNNING KUBUNTU 8.10
I HAVE A "WG111v2 netgear usb wireless adapter"
DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHICH DRIVER I NEED TO install in "NDISWRAPPER" to RUN THE AIRCRACK SUITE AND ALSO BE ABLE TO CONNECT to wireless networks..

Ayuthia
January 24th, 2009, 05:51 AM
You can't use NDISwrapper with aircrack. It is most like because NDISwrapper wraps the Windows wireless driver where aircrack needs to have a linux module to use (I think).

jrusso2
January 24th, 2009, 05:59 AM
My understanding is that to use aircrack you need a card that can run in promiscuous mode and even a lot of the linux drivers don't do this.

Ayuthia
January 24th, 2009, 06:12 AM
My understanding is that to use aircrack you need a card that can run in promiscuous mode and even a lot of the linux drivers don't do this.

I am pretty sure that you are right. There should be a list of compatible drivers at the aircrack-ng site.

zenial
January 24th, 2009, 06:49 AM
ok ive been reading around but
ineed a driver that is both compatible with the aircrack suite and that lets me connect to wireless networks using the manager;)
ANY IDEAS?

Zewbie
January 24th, 2009, 07:01 AM
If you running Ubuntu 8.1 the patched drivers for your wireless card should be automatically applied when installed if your wifi card supports airmon-ng mode

zenial
January 24th, 2009, 07:10 AM
THE DRIVER THAT IS PRE INSTALLED IN KUBUNTU ARE BUGGY SO I NEED A DIFFERENT DRIVER
"WG111v2" netgear\\:D/