PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Restore. Going back to frist time. PLZ HELP PLZ HELP

just_linux
January 23rd, 2009, 09:30 PM
ok:
On my laptop, I have Vista, and UBUNTU, which I install my ubuntu last month. from CD. (I still have the CD)
Now b/c of stupid update my speakers and headphone is broken. (headphone does not remute )
Now which I done some of the solutions found online, my whole drivers are scowed. and on boot time it gives errors.
NOW I wounder if I could get back (since I modified random files) to the original setup and configuration of ALL FILE. and DISABLE ALL UPDATES regarding to my sound system?:popcorn:

Please leave me any comment and PLZ PLZ leave terminal commends os I could simply run to get back to the original and disable any update regaring to sound system (driver and so on)

Thanks ALOT

cariboo
January 23rd, 2009, 10:15 PM
IF you borked it up that badly and don't want to try and undo what you did, you can always just reinstall over the top of your Ubuntu installation. When you get to the partitioning section chose manual partitioning and setup the partitions and mark them to be formatted.

Jim

just_linux
January 23rd, 2009, 10:23 PM
IF you borked it up that badly and don't want to try and undo what you did, you can always just reinstall over the top of your Ubuntu installation. When you get to the partitioning section chose manual partitioning and setup the partitions and mark them to be formatted.

Jim

):P AND HOW WOULD I DISABLE ANY UPDATES REGARING TO SOUND stuff?

dwanders
January 23rd, 2009, 10:25 PM
I would totally agree, unless you have something on the Ubuntu install you don't want to lose. Why not just reinstall the Ubuntu and get it where you want it then turn off up dates? Just be extra careful so you dont blow out your vista install as well.

dwanders
January 23rd, 2009, 10:26 PM
System -> Preferences -> Session: uncheck "Update Notifier"