PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] MP3 from ubuntu to Windows

Punjabi Munda
January 23rd, 2009, 05:24 PM
Hi,
I am using ubuntu and absolutely love it. The only reason I have to go back to windows is because of Adobe Premiere and ulead video studio. I record mp3 using audacity and sound recorder. When I move it to windows, Windows media player is not able to play that extension. it says the codec is not found and when i import it into adobe premiere it is imported as a 6 min audio instead of its original size of 2 mins. Please help me with this and also suggest a good video editor for ubuntu. I did not like LIVES or Pitvi.

Thank You!

dawynn
January 23rd, 2009, 05:32 PM
With the right plugins, Audacity is supposed to be able to record to mp3, but that's not its native format. In order to do that, you need to make certain everything's set just right, and quite honestly, I've never put in the time to get this to work.

I generally export my Audacity work into its default export format of .wav. Then I use Soundkonverter (note the 'k', soundconverter isn't nearly as easy to use) to translate the .wav's into mp3's.

The mp3's that Soundkonverter creates work just fine in Windows for me.

(Note: I haven't had a problem converting .wav files into .mp3 files with Soundkonverter, but have seen artifacts created by Soundkonverter trying to process an .mp3 back into an .mp3. You've been warned.)

Punjabi Munda
January 23rd, 2009, 05:44 PM
i am going to try it so lets see how it goes

Punjabi Munda
January 24th, 2009, 02:29 AM
With the right plugins, Audacity is supposed to be able to record to mp3, but that's not its native format. In order to do that, you need to make certain everything's set just right, and quite honestly, I've never put in the time to get this to work.

I generally export my Audacity work into its default export format of .wav. Then I use Soundkonverter (note the 'k', soundconverter isn't nearly as easy to use) to translate the .wav's into mp3's.

The mp3's that Soundkonverter creates work just fine in Windows for me.

(Note: I haven't had a problem converting .wav files into .mp3 files with Soundkonverter, but have seen artifacts created by Soundkonverter trying to process an .mp3 back into an .mp3. You've been warned.)
It worked! Thank you!