PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 4 Monitor x 2 Graphic cards

deaf666
January 22nd, 2009, 04:01 PM
Hey Guys,

I would like to know if it is possible to span my desktop into 3 monitor with graphic cards ( ATI x1650 ).
The reason that i want to expande the desktop into 3 monitor is to run video into 3 monitors.

I tried almost everything on windows and i couldnt make it work, the video only will run on dual monitor single card, if i try to strech to the third monitor the video wont show on the second video card.

Anyways, hope some one can help me. Thank You

deaf666
January 25th, 2009, 08:34 PM
*Bump*

Mze
January 25th, 2009, 08:50 PM
This guy has 6 Monitors working on- Ubuntu 8.04 - Compiz Fusion - XGL NVIDIA! (Video Included)

Check the thread (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=884161) out

langelgjm
January 26th, 2009, 12:43 AM
Hi,

You are really asking two separate questions.

1. Yes, you can have three or four displays with two cards, at least in Windows. I currently run a three display setup in Windows, using an ATI Radeon X800 and X300. I occasionally connect a fourth monitor. The desktop spans all three or four without issue.

2. You will probably not be able to span accelerated video across more than than two monitors. There are issues with doing this even with two monitors, but it is possible. However, doing it across three or four monitors (and thus two separate video cards) is probably not possible. But I could be wrong.