PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Anyone here use Aver Mediacenter please read

toolman69
January 22nd, 2009, 02:41 AM
Alright I need to know if I am the onlyone that finds this very annoying. Overall the Aver media volar MAx I use is great. But the timeshift feature has one very annoying problem. Why is there a HUGE timeshift graph display right in the middle of the TV screen whenever you are in timeshift mode. Usually a on screen display like that dissapears after a minute or even have the option to disable it but noooo this graph is there no matter what I do. So I am hoping I am missing something and there is a way to disable this anoying bar graph, so if any one out there knows what I am talking about please speak up. BTW I email tech support about it and to their credit they answered in a couple of hours, however there response was laughable. "Yes we understand your problem please check back on our website for a upgrade to the software", here is the best part, in parenthisis he says (about 2 MONTHS). Are you kidding me, if I had the source code I could eliminate this bar graph in about 5 minutes I am sure. I Just can not believe they would have this bar graph feature right in the middle of the sreen without a way of disabling it. It serves no real purpose other than to show you where you are at in the timeshift recording. What a shame because otherwise the software is not bad and the video quality is top notch. Anyway I was hoping maybe he misunderstood me and someone out there knows a trick to get this thing to dissapear. Any commnets are welcome. Thanks

toolman69
April 11th, 2009, 10:44 PM
Doesn't anyonre use aver mediacenter and the timeshift function?