PDA

View Full Version : Recording menu when "select changes channel" is enabled?

My Name
January 21st, 2009, 12:25 PM
Is there any way of getting to the recording menu when "select changes channel" is selected in the guide options?
The default option is set so that pressing enter while in the guide brings up the recording menu, "M" would be used to change the channel. But I like to use the OK button on the remote to change channels in the guide.
Is there any way around this?
What key can be used to get to the recording menu whilst in the guide? I cannot find it in the key edit section.

SoNick
January 21st, 2009, 03:32 PM
It's "I" using the default setup; most lirc configurations that I've seen map that to the "Info" button on the remote.

My Name
January 21st, 2009, 04:19 PM
excellent! cheers.
Do you know where that option resides so I can change the key binding?

SoNick
January 21st, 2009, 05:53 PM
Going to "Utilities/Setup" and then "Edit Keys" lets you edit the keybindings, but I can't seem to find any entries under it for Info other than the one under the Global setting.
Needless to say, this will affect everything that uses the "Info" key.

If you're looking for how to set a button on your remote to that key, then take a look at this (http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/LIRC#LIRCRC).

My Name
January 21st, 2009, 06:02 PM
Yeah I've been having a look at how to set up a HID remote with lircd but it looks a bit fiddly.maybe it will make more sense going through it step by step,rather than just reading it.