PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] I can't stop the freezing and errors

KyleBrown
January 21st, 2009, 06:34 AM
My computer won't stop freezing and/or crashing onme non-stop. No matter what I am running or how long it works at a time it will stop. If it doesn't crash or freeze then it gets a I/O error and stops running any programs on my computer whatsoever. It will try then say that their was an error and it can't run it. The only way to get it to work is to turn it off manually, because if I use the menu it just brings me to an I/O error message.

If anyone else is having this problem or knows of a way to fix it then please please share it with me. THANK YOU

blackened
January 21st, 2009, 08:07 AM
You probably could have combined this with your thread about boot problems as they are very likely to be related.

What version of Ubuntu are you running? Exactly what hardware (laptop model, video chipset, wireless chipset {if any}, etc.) are you running it on?

With so little information it would be nearly impossible to pinpoint the root of your problems.

KyleBrown
January 22nd, 2009, 06:31 AM
You probably could have combined this with your thread about boot problems as they are very likely to be related.

What version of Ubuntu are you running? Exactly what hardware (laptop model, video chipset, wireless chipset {if any}, etc.) are you running it on?

With so little information it would be nearly impossible to pinpoint the root of your problems.
I am running ubuntu 8.o1 (that's the cd I ran it from) then did the updating from the internet... AMD Turion64 x2 TL-50 (1.6 GHz, 512 KB L2 cache total, 256 KB on each core), 120 GH Hitachi 4200 RPM HD, ATI Radeon xPress 1100 integrated graphics card, Atheros Wireless 802.11 a/b/g with Signalup high efficiency antennae, 1 GB 533 MHz DDR2 RAM ((2 x 512 MB) then an extra 1G stick in, I had two but the other one was bad so I just removed it... I'm planning on splurging on a desktop here soon, so why pay to upgrade this)

If you do find anything thank you very much
And even if you can't thank you

KyleBrown
January 22nd, 2009, 06:32 AM
I am running ubuntu 8.o1 (that's the cd I ran it from) then did the updating from the internet... AMD Turion64 x2 TL-50 (1.6 GHz, 512 KB L2 cache total, 256 KB on each core), 120 GH Hitachi 4200 RPM HD, ATI Radeon xPress 1100 integrated graphics card, Atheros Wireless 802.11 a/b/g with Signalup high efficiency antennae, 1 GB 533 MHz DDR2 RAM ((2 x 512 MB) then an extra 1G stick in, I had two but the other one was bad so I just removed it... I'm planning on splurging on a desktop here soon, so why pay to upgrade this)

If you do find anything thank you very much
And even if you can't thank you
... and it's an acer 5100 series. haha forgot to mention that little part