PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Nvidia GeForce Go 7150M

gordanr
January 21st, 2009, 12:56 AM
Please can anyone help me.

I am new to Ubuntu and Linux, I have installed Ubuntu latest version on my Laptop. It's fine, but have trouble with my graphic card. I don't know where to find this driver or how to install it at all. I am using:

HP dv2000 AMD Turion64 x2 processor, 3 GB RAM, 250 Gb HDD, and the problem is with : Nvidia GeForce Go 7150M driver..

Please help.
Thank you All.

taurus
January 21st, 2009, 12:58 AM
Look in System -> Administration -> Hardware Drivers to see if your graphic card is on the list and whether there is a driver (recommended) for it.

gordanr
January 21st, 2009, 01:06 AM
I have checked, and this is what tells me: NVIDIA Accelerated graphic driver (version 173)

Now I click button Activate, and nothing happens.

What to do??

taurus
January 21st, 2009, 01:09 AM
It doesn't download and install nvidia driver for your card? Do you see an icon on the upper right corner (blue arrows) asking you to reboot?

Tim Drallmeier
January 29th, 2009, 06:10 PM
I have the same problem with my laptop, it has the same card, I recently installed 8.1 on it and now the only resolution i can get is 800x600. My laptop is a DV2845SE, and for the plugins, only one works, for the wireless network, there are two plugins for the Nvidia card, and neither works, it loads for a while, and then quits, and does not enable the driver... I have the option to install NVIDIA advanced graphics driver 173, or 177, and 177 is the recommended... when i go to activate driver, it says downloading and installing driver, shows 0% and does nothing

warlog
February 10th, 2009, 10:10 AM
I have compaq v6608au laptop with same graphic card. I know how to install the driver. First get it from http://us.download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/180.22/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-180.22-pkg1.run.
Now for installing this driver you need to boot in recovery mode from the boot loader. In recovery mode the system will leave u in text mode. There you can install it with the following command:

sudo sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-180.22-pkg1.run

I am assuming that the driver file is in the present working directory.
After this follow the on screen instructions. after completion restart your PC in normal mode.

The real problem begins now.
After booting you will be promted for your login details with perfect graphic resolution.
But in my laptop after giving username and password my screen goes off. For this problem I am unable to find any solution. If anyone can solve it then please post it here.