PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] acer apire 5315 acer_fancontrol plz help

majingohan99
January 20th, 2009, 08:50 PM
hey my laptops fan ain't workin but i know wot to do, but im to attuned to windows to understand it so cud u plz explain it me like im a complete idiot:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...&postcount=117

thnxs

BTW

i've got so far put it still dusent work i changed it to my settings tested it but fan is still not workin

it even went up to "3rd gear"

terminal :

majingohan99@majingohan99-laptop:~$ tar xvfz /home/majingohan99/Desktop/acer_fancontrol.tar.gz
acer_fancontrol/
acer_fancontrol/acer_fancontrol
acer_fancontrol/mempat
majingohan99@majingohan99-laptop:~$ gedit acer_fancontrol/acer_fancontrol
majingohan99@majingohan99-laptop:~$ sudo ./acer_fancontrol/acer_fancontrol
[sudo] password for majingohan99:
./acer_fancontrol/acer_fancontrol: 210: mempat: not found
Clutch down
2nd gear
2nd gear
3rd gear

JoeFriday49
December 26th, 2009, 02:54 AM
Did you ever find a resolution to this problem?... I have the same thing going on now...

slumbergod
December 27th, 2009, 08:06 AM
I think I have solved it. The script calls the mempat as a command and it looks for it in the /usr/bin/ directory which it isn't yet in unless you move it there.

You have two options:
1. modify the script so that wherever you see the mempat command you append the path to it at the front; or more easily:
2. just copy it to the /usr/bin/ folder:
sudo cp mempat /usr/bin/

JoeFriday49
December 28th, 2009, 02:56 PM
I think I have solved it. The script calls the mempat as a command and it looks for it in the /usr/bin/ directory which it isn't yet in unless you move it there.

You have two options:
1. modify the script so that wherever you see the mempat command you append the path to it at the front; or more easily:
2. just copy it to the /usr/bin/ folder:
sudo cp mempat /usr/bin/

That may be this fellows problem, but I get the following error when running the same script:

mmap() failed: Operation not permitted
Failed to map length 2 at address 3f6bceaf error 1
Clutch down

My mempat file is in the correct directory, but the script still won't work. Here is the thread I've posted my details in:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1362557&highlight=acer_fancontrol

slumbergod
March 26th, 2010, 03:43 AM
The best solution of all, even better than the patch, is to buy a laptop cooling pad like the belkin or targus one. Using this my laptop temp is 45 when I do nothing, 55 watching an xvid. Even those annoying HD ones that stress my laptop to the point of shutting down seem to stay under 85.