PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Mythtv NOT SOLVED No UPnP Backends Found Cannot Login to Database

loremonger
January 20th, 2009, 05:28 AM
Ubuntu user. Not exactly a noob, but definitely not an expert.

I installed MythTV from the Add Applications within Ubuntu (Intrepid). It was a fresh install, so I figured the installation guide on MythTV would work fine.

As soon as I started up the backend configuration, I get the error message "No UPnP Backends Found." Following through the screens, I eventually get to "Cannot Login to Database."

I have searched every forum I can. I tried using another IP that someone suggested (I think it started with 127.). I tried using my network IP. I tried I even tried using my Internet IP (which obviously did not work!). I tried deleting all of my mysql.txt files.

To be honest, I don't know anything about MySQL (but I can make a mean chicken chili!).

HELP ME! This is driving me nuts. Right now, I'm just using WinTV that came with my Hauppauge card... um... It kinda sucks.

Any thoughts?

vronp
January 24th, 2009, 09:47 PM
Exact same problem here.

Anybody ???

cariboo907
January 24th, 2009, 10:16 PM
can you log into mysql in a console? Open an Applications-->Accessories-->Terminal and type:

mysql -u root -p

where the password is the one you setup when you installed mysql. The above command should get you to something like this:

mysql -u root -p
Enter password:
Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MySQL connection id is 31
Server version: 5.0.67-0ubuntu6 (Ubuntu)

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the buffer.

mysql>

If you see the above just press \q to quit. If you don't remember what the password was that you setup, in the same terminal type:

sudo dpkg-reconfigure mysql-server-5.0

Jim

vronp
January 24th, 2009, 10:21 PM
Yes, I can login just fine like that.

By the way, tvtime does work with my tuner device.

The device is a WinTV HVR-950 from Hauppauge.

vronp
January 25th, 2009, 02:43 PM
This is apparently a bug and I found the solution here:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mythtv/+bug/243504

Look at the post near the bottom. I ran those two scripts and it fixed the problem.

So, I am farther along but can only view analog TV with the HVR-950. More work to do !

Ubuntu user. Not exactly a noob, but definitely not an expert.

I installed MythTV from the Add Applications within Ubuntu (Intrepid). It was a fresh install, so I figured the installation guide on MythTV would work fine.

As soon as I started up the backend configuration, I get the error message "No UPnP Backends Found." Following through the screens, I eventually get to "Cannot Login to Database."

I have searched every forum I can. I tried using another IP that someone suggested (I think it started with 127.). I tried using my network IP. I tried I even tried using my Internet IP (which obviously did not work!). I tried deleting all of my mysql.txt files.

To be honest, I don't know anything about MySQL (but I can make a mean chicken chili!).

HELP ME! This is driving me nuts. Right now, I'm just using WinTV that came with my Hauppauge card... um... It kinda sucks.

Any thoughts?