PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Toshiba NB100 suspend/sleep issue

jamaisvu
January 19th, 2009, 05:33 PM
http://james.dowden.googlepages.com/Screenshot-Power.png

As you can probably see from the above screenshot, when I've got my netbook plugged in (for use as a radio), I don't want it to decide to go to sleep/suspend (and thereby cut the sound).

Now -- you guessed it -- despite setting the GNOME power management dialog as above, there's clearly some low-level setting making it go to sleep/suspend anyway.

Does anyone know what file I need to hack to kill this annoying behavior? (It's the default Hardy UNR install, FWIW.) I presume it's one of the Toshiba customizations or something to do with the Netbook Remix, as I've not had this problem with any previous Ubuntu or Kubuntu installation.

jamaisvu
January 20th, 2009, 10:48 PM
Anyone?

sandman652001
January 22nd, 2009, 11:47 AM
same problem no solution yet

atlas95
January 22nd, 2009, 02:03 PM
Hi,

I have NB100 too but at home, i will search for you when back home, have you tried the inibit gnome applet ?

Another thing, please could you post you /etc/default/acpi-support files ?
I have change bad thing inside and i would like to have the default ;)

Regards,

vmalep
February 3rd, 2009, 11:54 AM
Hi,

I experienced the same problem and I modified the parameters of the screensaver in order to regard the computer as idle only after 2 hours (the maximum). I also unchecked the box under this last option in order not activate the screensaver when the computer is idle.

Hope it helps,
Pierre