PDA

View Full Version : Gimp plug-in

Joe_Linux
January 19th, 2009, 04:24 AM
I want to install a Gimp plugin CDlabel2.scm from this page http://www.shallowsky.com/software/cdplugins/. The instructions say to: To install, just save CDlabel.scm to ~/.gimp-version/scripts/CDlabel.scm (im my case I wouuld use CDlabel2.scm because I have Gimp 2.4.5 in Hardy Heron.
When I try do the above I get this
joe52@joe52-desktop:~$ gedit ~/.gimp-2.0/scripts/CDlabel.scm

** (gedit:6990): WARNING **: Hit unhandled case 1 (File not found) in gedit_unrecoverable_saving_error_message_area_new.
joe52@joe52-desktop:~$

Any help would be appreciated Joe

73ckn797
January 19th, 2009, 04:31 AM
I want to install a Gimp plugin CDlabel2.scm from this page http://www.shallowsky.com/software/cdplugins/. The instructions say to: To install, just save CDlabel.scm to ~/.gimp-version/scripts/CDlabel.scm (im my case I wouuld use CDlabel2.scm because I have Gimp 2.4.5 in Hardy Heron.
When I try do the above I get this
joe52@joe52-desktop:~$ gedit ~/.gimp-2.0/scripts/CDlabel.scm

** (gedit:6990): WARNING **: Hit unhandled case 1 (File not found) in gedit_unrecoverable_saving_error_message_area_new.
joe52@joe52-desktop:~$

Any help would be appreciated Joe

Ignore this

-yay-
January 19th, 2009, 07:41 AM
gedit ~/.gimp-2.0/scripts/CDlabel.scm

shouldn't that be:

gedit ~/.gimp-2.4/scripts/CDlabel.scm

You can also install the script by just clicking and dragging it into the .gimp-2.4/scripts folder inside your home folder. The gimp-2.4 folder is invisible though so you have to press Ctrl-H first to see it.

jrusso2
January 19th, 2009, 07:51 AM
gedit ~/.gimp-2.0/scripts/CDlabel.scm

shouldn't that be:

gedit ~/.gimp-2.4/scripts/CDlabel.scm

You can also install the script by just clicking and dragging it into the .gimp-2.4/scripts folder inside your home folder. The gimp-2.4 folder is invisible though so you have to press Ctrl-H first to see it.

Yes maybe you had Gimp another version of GIMP installed before and it left the settings.