PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Targus trackball mouse settings?

Sean-Michael
January 19th, 2009, 03:11 AM
I've got one of these Targus trackball mice and I'd like to get more options for configuring my mouse.

http://www.targus.com/us/product_details.asp?sku=PAUM008U

All I have at this time are the standard mouse settings that I think come with gnome.

Also, when I switch from the touch pad to the mouse or back again I have to manually change settings like pointer speed/acceleration. Seems that there would be an automatic detection when I plug in the mouse or not and change hardware profiles? I'm still a bit new' :)

Any who I'm still very satisfied with my Serval Performance and so glad to have done business with you! So happy I'll be buying another PC from you soon!

Many thanks in advance!
Sean-Michael.

thomasaaron
January 19th, 2009, 04:00 AM
Hmmm...

Nice mouse. I've not played with one, before. But this is where I'd start.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ManyButtonsMouseHowto

Sean-Michael
January 19th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Yea the mouse is ok, would of liked a bluetooth one but hey' it works just fine out of the package and all buttons and trackball work.

I've checked out the link and didn't really see what I was looking for, I'll look again.

I just think I'm missing something that you experienced users might be over looking?

Just an example, on my windows machine I can install the driver from the disk that came with the mouse, then I get a gui with all kinds of options. There's nothing like this for me now, only the default gnome options. Also, when the mouse is being used I slow down the pointer speed because it just to fast, when I unplug the mouse or start the laptop without the mouse hooked up the touch pad is sooooo slooooow lol I just think I'm missing something but I will again go threw the docs and that link.

Many thanks'
Sean-Michael.

Lee_Machine
January 19th, 2009, 09:00 PM
yeah, your not going to get that GUI unless the company programs one.

This is something i bring up from time to time. How in Ubuntu the programming for mice and the trackpad needs to be more advanced. It would be nice to be able to have a setting for the trackpad and mouse when it come to the Acceleration and sensitivity. Along with button options.

Also when typing the trackpad is disabled and then re-enabled after done typing by default. without programming it in yourself.

Things like two finger scrolling needs to be added.