PDA

View Full Version : Dodgy graphics and sound

Sisso123
January 18th, 2009, 08:32 PM
Hi

I have been using mythbuntu for about a year now on an old pc.Just bought a new system and the recordings and live tv stutter slightly and I could get no sound after install.I managed to get the sound working but no joy with the video. Two things I am now using onboard graphics but I do have 4 gig of memory and a AMD 64 5200 chip.Are the onboard nvidia graphics my problem, also the sound control in mythtv has stopped working.

Any ideas anyone?

thanks

Dave

uMuppet
January 19th, 2009, 11:19 AM
You can often assign more memory to the graphics card in the bios. I have a nVidia 6150 and standard ithas 8Mb memory assigbed but I can bump it up to 64. That might help that a little. Do you have the drivers setup for the card? What sort of Graphics card is it?

Sisso123
January 20th, 2009, 12:07 AM
Hi

I have onboard nvidia graphics 6100 with 256 mb system memory shared. I get some stuttering in the video and sound when playing recordings.I would have thought this spec would be well on top of mythtv. I have amd 64 *2 5200 and 4gig of memory. I wish to use this sytem in my office to serve other front ends around the house whilst still being able to watch recordings in my office if needed.

cheers

Dave Sissons