PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Wireless not working on the HP dv6000

zwingly03
January 18th, 2009, 06:53 PM
Hello my friends,

I recently installed Ubuntu 8.10 after usin other distros, but I'm unable to use wireless. I installed the backports, wifi-radar, the firmware, but it doesn't work. The led is still orange, which means that the wireless card isn't working. However, the card worked perfectly on Mandriva and Fedora 10.

Could somedy help me please???

cdtech
January 18th, 2009, 07:00 PM
Post the output of:

iwconfig
Which card are you using? Post:

lspci

zwingly03
January 20th, 2009, 12:24 AM
Well, I checked the Synaptic and installed the 3 backport modules packages and 3 the headers packages and it now works :P. So I think if somebody has the same problem on Ubuntu Intrepid, make sure you have linux-backports-modules-intrepid-generic, linux-backports-modules-intrepid and linux-backports-modules-2.6.27-9-generic for the backports, and linux-headers-lbm-2.6.27-9-generic, linux-headers-2.6.27-9-generic and linux-headers-2.6.27-9 for the headers.

By the way, I'd like to thank you cdtech for you quick response :)

LinkRJH
March 12th, 2009, 04:36 AM
Hey, I was having this same exact problem on the same exact laptop, however installing the things you listed didn't make it work. It still says 'no device found.'

I'd really like to get this laptop up and running. Is there anything else you did or installed?

LinkRJH
March 13th, 2009, 12:49 AM
?? :(