i need program design for ubuntu like fotoshop in windows xp
now i use ubuntu for 3 month and i want use for ever
plasse help me to find this program

Sprut1
January 18th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Have you even tried GIMP?

hikaricore
January 18th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Install GIMP as Sprut has suggested by going to Applications/Add Remove Programs and searching for it from this application.

GIMP is much like Photoshop and free.

There are hundreds of howtos and walkthroughs all over the internet for working with various aspects of The GIMP.

Best of luck.

Merk42
January 19th, 2009, 03:55 AM
Install GIMP as Sprut has suggested by going to Applications/Add Remove Programs and searching for it from this application.

There are hundreds of howtos and walkthroughs all over the internet for working with various aspects of The GIMP.

Best of luck.

Isn't GIMP already installed by default?

hikaricore
January 19th, 2009, 04:49 AM
No clue, I've not installed Ubuntu from a disc for years.

BlackMaxPhoto
January 19th, 2009, 05:32 AM

Best of luck.

The G.I.M.P. is actually quite UNLIKE Photoshop, other than both being digital photo editors. There are far more differences than similarities in the two programs.

Using Photoshop CS2 via WineDoors is likely to be an unspeakable option around here, but it still provides turn key usability for a person already familiar with Photoshop, rather than having to deal with the NEW learning curve with The G.I.M.P.

smartboyathome
January 19th, 2009, 07:04 AM
The G.I.M.P. is actually quite UNLIKE Photoshop, other than both being digital photo editors. There are far more differences than similarities in the two programs.

Using Photoshop CS2 via WineDoors is likely to be an unspeakable option around here, but it still provides turn key usability for a person already familiar with Photoshop, rather than having to deal with the NEW learning curve with The G.I.M.P.

Photoshop CS4 works perfect with Wine, since Adobe contributed code to make it work. :)

BlackMaxPhoto
January 19th, 2009, 08:40 AM
The original should have read versions CS 2+ then.

'WineDoors' will install Photoshop CS2 in auto mode, from it's own repositories, without you providing anything other than the S/N to initiate the authorization process.

CS4 under Wine is not as fully integrated ... yet

...also try this:

http://www.linuxphoto.org/