PDA

View Full Version : Forum Time Out

gettinoriginal
January 15th, 2009, 03:48 PM
Has the time limit for being logged in changed ?? It seems to log me out a lot sooner than it used to. By the time I can find the solution for an unanswered post, I come back to post my response and I am timed out again :confused:

lukjad
January 15th, 2009, 04:07 PM
I can't say for sure, but this could be a symptom of the problems the forums are having. Maybe sessions have been temporarily shortened for stability reasons.

Rocket2DMn
January 15th, 2009, 05:55 PM
I guess if you don't have it remember your login, then yeah, you need to login again after a short while. Looking at the forum homepage at the bottom, it shows very few users as being active. Right now there are about 1100 (about 1/10 are members), when normally we have 10x that many active users.

EDIT: Now a few seconds later after a brief forum outage, its up to ~7500 active users. It seems that the settings are still in constant flux as u-g hammers out details and tweaks for us.

gettinoriginal
January 15th, 2009, 06:40 PM
Thanks for your responses, will just keep hangin in there while ug works it out :P

Rocket2DMn
January 15th, 2009, 07:04 PM
u-g tells us that sessions get reset when he restarts the database, which he has done a number of times today as he tweaks it for us. There's your answer :)

KiwiNZ
January 15th, 2009, 07:22 PM
We know its frustrating but please be patient relief is on its way. New hardware has been ordered and winging its way to us.

We are confident the problems will be solved very soon.

It has to be Ubuntu-Geek doesn't have much hair left to pull out :p

Elfy
January 15th, 2009, 07:26 PM
I'd be looking for a walk up the road to wet my whistle I think :)

gettinoriginal
January 15th, 2009, 08:09 PM
Rocket2DMn - ah ha, that explains it =D>

KiwiNZ - Switching to Linux has taught me many things, patience being one of them :lolflag:

forestpixie - haha, keg with a straw in it :shock:

jenkinbr
January 16th, 2009, 10:32 PM
We know its frustrating but please be patient relief is on its way. New hardware has been ordered and winging its way to us.

We are confident the problems will be solved very soon.

It has to be Ubuntu-Geek doesn't have much hair left to pull out :p
:lolflag: Sad, but probably true, that last bit.

I'm really looking forward to the new hardware and the end of the HTTP 50x errors. Thanks to all involved.