PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Does Linsys wireless work well with Ubuntu?

cptrohn
January 12th, 2009, 10:05 PM
I was just wondering what products for WiFi work well with Ubuntu out of the box?

I've heard that Linksys pretty much will work without alot of workarounds... Is this true?

Also if anybody has a WiFi express card or a USB adapter that worked out of the box this information would be appreciated as well. I've given up on the ndiswrapper and the internal wireless card.

And does ubuntu list anywhere what wireless products are know to work out of the box for the system right at this moment in time so folks will be able to find them and know what product will and won't work with the OS?

kestrel1
January 12th, 2009, 10:12 PM
Have a look at this for a list:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/WirelessCardsSupported

oilchangeguy
January 12th, 2009, 10:12 PM
I was just wondering what products for WiFi work well with Ubuntu out of the box?

I've heard that Linksys pretty much will work without alot of workarounds... Is this true?

Also if anybody has a WiFi express card or a USB adapter that worked out of the box this information would be appreciated as well. I've given up on the ndiswrapper and the internal wireless card.

And does ubuntu list anywhere what wireless products are know to work out of the box for the system right at this moment in time so folks will be able to find them and know what product will and won't work with the OS?

i'm using a linksys usb adapter. and it worked out of the box. i'm using kubuntu 8.10. not sure about other ubuntu versions.

cptrohn
January 12th, 2009, 10:19 PM
i'm using a linksys usb adapter. and it worked out of the box. i'm using kubuntu 8.10. not sure about other ubuntu versions.

Do you happen to know the model # right off hand on this product?

oilchangeguy
January 12th, 2009, 10:22 PM
Do you happen to know the model # right off hand on this product?

yes, it's a model WUSB54GC

cptrohn
January 12th, 2009, 10:23 PM
yes, it's a model WUSB54GC

Thanks... this just got moved up to the top of my shopping list for this week.. LOL