PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] VNC in Xubuntu only responds when mouse is moved

neo214
January 10th, 2009, 04:04 PM
Okay, this is a weird one, finally got everything set up for Xubuntu VNC, and I'm managing it from my Vista client, to Xubuntu 8.10 server (for VNC it's actually the desktop distro and not the server) but anywho, it does not seem to process anything unless I'm actively moving the mouse, or giving it some kind of input constantly.

Now I know what you're thinking, "it is process the information just not giving you an update (via VNC) unless it knows you're watching (i.e. some kind of input) but it really doesn't PROCESS any information unless I'm giving it constant input, for example when I do a system update (which is about the only thing I do this being a file server and all) it can sit at the same "Building dependencies" screen all night until I wake up the next morning and log into vnc and give it some input, the loading bar will move slowing and jerkingly just as any loading bar would move, and not just finish straight to the end, as if it were done and waiting for someone to be watching.

Well this is a little long winded and I think (hopefully not) a unique problem here. Any help at all or insight is always appreciated!