PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Ipl

Lee_Machine
January 9th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Is system76 going to go Public? I would consider investing.

Also I read on the web site that one your targeted demographhics is goverment. Now I work with the USAF as Network Admin and it used to be open source BAD!!!!! but now we are alowed to use firefox...as if we didnt before. Also there is a huge initive to get open source systems intergrated. The Vista fiasco got the ball rolling.

Now a great way for you guys to get big would be to score a deal with the Air Force to supply Desktops/Laptop. Even better would be something like a Panasonic Toughbook from you guys.

Any thoughts?

crichell
January 9th, 2009, 09:45 PM
Is system76 going to go Public? I would consider investing.

Going Public isn't in our short term plans.

Now a great way for you guys to get big would be to score a deal with the Air Force to supply Desktops/Laptop. Even better would be something like a Panasonic Toughbook from you guys.

Any thoughts?

Large customers such as USAF are an excellent way to grow and establish a business... generally I also subscribe to the idea of ensuring your eggs are in as many baskets as possible. I previously provided IS consulting to USAF Academy in Colorado Springs (just before starting System76). They were a heavy MS shop at the time and I believe still are. They had extremly tight security controls; so much so that portions of the Academy started splitering from the "Mother Ship".

Lee_Machine
January 9th, 2009, 10:07 PM
Yeah, working for the Air Force can be hard sometimes as us Linux guys can be far and few in between. I hate it and look forward to getting a new job.

The worst part is seeing vulnerbities in these "secure" systems that cannot be fixed due to windows and other MS products. But hey there is finially an intiaive to change this. Mostly due to China and the Europena Union using it.

Thanks for the input.