PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] No network after waking up from sleep/hibernation.

meep.com
January 8th, 2009, 02:20 AM
Whenever I choose "Sleep" or "Hibernation" and wake the computer up, there is no network connection. It just tries to connect and then a little notification says "You have been disconnected from the network."
When I try to go on the internet, it says "Firefox is in offline mode and cannot browse the web"

This has started to happen ever since I updated to Intrepid Ibex (from Hardy Heron).

As a separate note, I used to be able to wake the computer up from sleep by just pressing the keyboard, but now I have to push the power button on the tower.

Please Help!! (It's not a really critical issue, but I want to save electricity) Thanks in advance!

lorderico
January 15th, 2009, 04:29 PM
I'm having the same issue. A very temporary solution is to simply restart the computer after you boot back up. Otherwise you might want to try disabling the network connection before hibernate, then enabling afterwards. Just do a google search, there are bugs for this issue already.

Eric

piratejake
January 21st, 2009, 07:45 PM
i'm having the same issue here, quite frustrating

Piro24
January 21st, 2009, 08:01 PM
Try disabling offline mode and manually reconnecting to your network. That generally works.

As for the power button issue, there should be an option about that in the power settings or something like that.

GerryB
August 1st, 2010, 02:03 PM
[QUOTE=Piro24;6591838]Try disabling offline mode and manually reconnecting to your network. That generally works.

Firefox is in offline mode after hibernation. If I click on "work offline", the check mark disappears but it's still offline. How do I reconnect to the network manually or is there a command to bring the network back online?

After an update, all is back to normal...