PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Pidgin - Main window cannot change width

ubuser_7
January 7th, 2009, 09:19 PM
Hi Everyone

I am using a Intrepid on Thinkpad T61, with Compiz and Mac4Linux.

My pidgin seems to be having some issues. First thing is that the main window cannot be resized. The main window where you see all your contacts is always really wide, and i cannot reduce its width. I can increase it, but there is a limit to how much I can decrease it (and it is very wide).

The second thing is that the pidgin doesnt show up in the window switcher either. Like when I press alt + tab, I cannot see pidgin in the windows to switch too.

I am not sure, but I think this happened after I moved to Mac4Linux sometime back (but I aint sure). Earlier it used to work fine. Right now its atleast 600-700 pixels wide (half my screen width).

I would be thankful if someone had suggestions.

ubuser_7
January 17th, 2009, 07:46 PM
Bump

Ms_Angel_D
May 8th, 2009, 02:36 AM
I too was having this issue and came across this thread, so I thought I would post my fix to help others having this issue.

My Problem was caused by the extended preferences plugin I fixed it by entering the plugin options and checking the box for "Allow buddy list to shrink below normal size constraints". Then I restarted pidgin and now my contact list can be resized.

I hope this helps anyone else who might be experiencing this problem.

Angel

ubuser_7
May 8th, 2009, 02:40 AM
Thanks a bunch!!!! That solved the width problem!!!!

Ms_Angel_D
May 8th, 2009, 02:52 AM
Your very welcome, I thought for sure you had fixed it by now, and just hadn't replied to the post, I'm glad I could help you :D

ubuser_7
May 8th, 2009, 03:13 AM
I didnt look around much after posting it here and hence hadnt got it solved.

Even my second problem is still unsolved (not showing in application switcher) and I havent put much effort into it.