PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Window title bars dissapear.

cpearless
January 6th, 2009, 10:40 PM
This isn't so much as a support question as a place for people to discuss the situation. So, here's the problem: sometimes when you scroll over the minimize, maximize and close buttons the whole of the window's title bar looses all styling and reverts to the theme colour.

I am running Ubuntu 8.10 with Nvidia restricted drivers (ver. 177). I hear that people have been suffering from this problem, I am just curious as to whether someone can shed some light on the subject.

Cheers

Chris

Rabbitbunny
January 6th, 2009, 11:53 PM
Same driver, same problem.

blazemore
January 7th, 2009, 01:08 AM
Same problem with 173/177.
It only seems to be this theme though. Shiki Colors works fine.

cpearless
January 7th, 2009, 06:07 PM
I never realised that it was just common to the default Ubuntu theme. Interestingly the Ubuntu studio theme has the same problem, I presume it is based on the same code as both "DarkRoom" and "Human".

*uu
February 27th, 2009, 09:05 PM
Ahhhh.... finally I found a thread that fits my problems. I'm too having this issue all the time in the UbuntuStudio theme. It actually appears almost every time a window loses and regains focus or when I hover over the window buttons. I couldn't find this bug in other themes, but as I prefer dark themes, I tried some other's themes window decorations only for short moments.

I also tried and tested all the settings in compiz that I could find that sounded like they _could_ be responsible, without any change.

It's good to see, though, that I'm not alone. And it looks like I'm not the only suspecting the nvidia driver to be responsible for this bug. I hope they release a new driver version soon - and that this will be fixed by then...

Is there actually anyone without this issue in the mentioned themes? with what theme? On what graphics card, what driver? Compiz activated? What compiz plugins concering window decorations? Maybe that could help pinpointing the source of the error.

Attached there are three screenshots of the window title bars I see en mass every day.

*uu