PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Linksys WRT54GC Router doesn't work, wiered or wireless.

rsaint333
January 4th, 2009, 06:35 PM
A while ago I bought a Linksys WRT54GC Router, only to find out that the 2WIRE router from AT&T I was getting the next day could already send out a wireless signal (felt like an idiot). Now however, I got Comcast internet, and since this one doesn't send out a wireless signal, I dug out the old Linksys router and hooked it up. All was going pretty well, all the right lights were blinking and everything, until first of all I tried the internet on my desktop, and it asked for a avalanche of options because it recognized the linksys thing as a protected connection. However I didn't really make an honest attempt to figure that out because that's not my real problem. My real problem is that the wireless doesn't work. I can connect to it when I mess around with the options a bit, my Network Manager even says it's connected 86% or 90% or whatever. However when I try to use Pidgin or Firefox or anything, nothing happens, it just gives me a "Page Could not be found try again" message like I'm not connected at all. Can someone please help me!!! Someone who has this router and encountered this problem already perhaps. I searched for several hours and looked through many posts here and elsewhere about this router, but nothing helped. Is there something I'm missing?:confused: I'm running 8.04 hardy, and also I'm kind of a noob, so a detailed "for noobs" explanation would be appreciated :D.