PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Sony Ericsson MD300 USB Mobile Broadband Modem

MidnightCowboy
January 3rd, 2009, 05:25 PM
Hi
For reasons partly politcial and mostly practical I need to ditch my Windows XP for Linux. I have a unique problem the solution for which will ultimately determine which distro I install although Ubuntu would be by far my favourite choice. I must use the stated device to connect to my Claro account here in Brazil but there is only driver support for Windows and MAC. I have an in depth knowledge of Windows but no experience of Linux, and that includes command line usage. What I need is an idiots guide to having my USB modem recognised and making it usable after installing my Ubuntu (latest version). Because of my location I will not have access to an alternative net connection in the event that I am unable to make mine work!!! That said, I can now reload Windows backwards and blindfold so if this is what I end up having to do to get more help, then this is what will happen! My thanks in advance for someone's patience... please help me to become MS free and work in peace with my Ubuntu! Regards, Glyn

ieee488
January 3rd, 2009, 05:34 PM
Google search is always a good place to start.
http://laudecioliveira.org/blog/?p=70